molly.utils.middleware – Molly Middleware¶
A library containing middleware classes for Molly
Add molly.utils.middleware.LocationMiddleware to your MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES setting and you’re done.
LocationMiddleware enables location awareness in Molly. Locations can be provided in a number of ways.
1. Stored as a session variable - this is the default for people visiting the site with their browsers. Molly redirects the user to a view that gets their location if they visit a view that requires their location and their current session doesn’t already store it.
2. Provided as an HTTP header - useful for third party apps accessing Molly via API calls. The format of the HTTP header is as follows:
3. Provided as HTTP query string parameters - an alternative to HTTP headers where it’s easier to use a query string. The format is as follows:
Note: When providing location as an HTTP header or as query string parameters, latitude and longitude are mandatory, and will be interpreted using the WSG84 datum. Accuracy is optional.
The order of evaluation is:
- If query string params are provided, use those; else:
- If the X-Current-Location header is set, use that; else:
- If the geolocation:location session variable is set, use that